The Hunting Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place For Field Sport Enthusiasts To Meet And Discuss All Things Hunting.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

nightvision help and advice.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
robo63
robo63

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-06

nightvision help and advice. Empty
PostSubject: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:59 am

hi folks just joined,mi spellins a bit crap but there ya go,anyone needing nightvision advice please feel free to ask and ill do mi bestist to help ya out,rgds robo.
Back to top Go down
dogmandango
dogmandango

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:22 am

well i have been considering the ad on one if you know what its like is it yanko or some thing adds on to day scope
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:55 am

Just want to say Robo is a personal friend of mine and a lovely bloke, thats why I have invited him here.

He will give you honest, first class advice on all NV optics if you want it and he can also sell you the equipment with full warranties and guarantees as he is a Rep for Thomas Jacks.

Dont go to them... go to Robo !!! (He will look after you!!)...not that they wont... but I personally know HE WILL !

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://thehuntinglodge.forumotion.co.uk
dogmandango
dogmandango

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:50 pm

are they cheaper from him then Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:09 pm

If you talk nicely to him he may be able to pass on a little "Members discount" Wink

Oh yeah...sounds like your on about a Yukon add on scope to me matey...Robo is deffo your man for Yukon gear...but I think from knowing his views on add-ons he would advise you to get a dedicated NV scope...mainly due to focusing and eye relief issues with the add-ons (see I was listening Robo lol)....but speak to Robo he's the man to inform ya whats what.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:24 pm

If you ever want to check some of the gear out I can also take you to see Scott (Robo) one night....maybe even on one of his little ratting spots... so you can see the scope in action...I'm sure you will be WELL impressed mate....I was !

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
robo63
robo63

Male

PostSubject: add on nv   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 pm

dogmandango wrote:
well i have been considering the ad on one if you know what its like is it yanko or some thing adds on to day scope
hi there i think your looking for the word yukon.two options here,the nvmt2 monicle with dsa and 100mw infra red illuminator,or the cobra merlin with dsa.both will go to the back of your dayscope,although a sidewheel focus scope is advisable for focusing at different distances ,the nvmt2 is the cheapest option,followed by the cobra merlin,then the dedicated riflescope ie yukon sentinel.jase has seen this model . any questions fire away,rgds robo
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:06 pm

The Yukon sentinel is a dedicated NV scope...ie it does not "add-on" to your day scope.. it is used instead of it....so this means either have a seperate rifle for night shooting with the NV permanantly on it or keep taking it on and off and re-zeroing it in.

The sentinel from what I have seen of it...(when using it out with Robo ratting and Bunny blasting) it is weather proof...the batteries last AGES and it can be independantly focused on the quarry very quickly and easily...plus it can quite cheaply be fitted with a doubler lense to double the magnification of the scope

Also the range is excellent if it is going on a rim fire...but you might want to upgrade your IR illuminator if you are using it at the sort of range acheivable with a rim fire...

Brilliant if your shooting where the bunnies/foxes/hares etc have had a lot of lamp this season cos they obviously cant see you like they can with a lamp...it also means people cant see you either...not that I can imagine any shooting activities where you might not want to be seen whilst out mooching and shooting scratch Very Happy

Top piece of kit in my opinion...the balance between cost and quality is spot on...nothing else touches it without spending several hundred quid extra....

N dont be tempted to buy from flea bay there are a lot of nasty "grey imports" on there with little if any warranty....I may be wrong but I think you get 3 Years warranty if you buy from Robo

Something to bear in mind...the tubes have a shelf life and the more bright light that gets accidentaly shone in to the tube (street lights & farm building lights etc)whilst using it will dramaticaly reduce the shelf life...so buying second hand from flea bay could mean you save £50 or more on the initial lay out... but it could all go "POP" within hours of you using it, as you dont know how much stick it has had...then you have s**t your pot full.

Hope this helps thumbs up
Back to top Go down
dogmandango
dogmandango

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 am

i realy want something at the moment to add to my day scope as im pushing it with the 22 17 and 223 on my licence for the size or the land it held on on 80A so an ad on would be good so as you both know what your on about fire the prices and an over all option on add ons please thanks both so far
Back to top Go down
robo63
robo63

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:54 am

dogmandango wrote:
i realy want something at the moment to add to my day scope as im pushing it with the 22 17 and 223 on my licence for the size or the land it held on on 80A so an ad on would be good so as you both know what your on about fire the prices and an over all option on add ons please thanks both so far
hi matey i think youd be better off giving me a call to run through a few options,rgds robo 07721775017.
Back to top Go down
dogmandango
dogmandango

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:14 pm

call you sunday evening if thats ok want be out of the flea pit early just got in from work thanks mate
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:46 am

Ey up dogman...did you sort anything out with Robo ?
Back to top Go down
dogmandango
dogmandango

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:10 pm

yes i have i have to save up a bit then ill be haveing one

ps sorry for not being on in a while
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:45 am

No worries mate we all get busy...I'm gunna see Robo this week and order mine...which one are ya going for ?
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:17 pm

My new NV kit....... aint she a beauty ?

The new Yukon Sentinel 3x60

nightvision help and advice. P2030010

nightvision help and advice. P2030011
Back to top Go down
dogmandango
dogmandango

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:43 pm

im a 100% witch one it is robo is in charge he knows not me lol its a gen 1 tho cant afford any other
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Yeah he wil look after you matey....If you want to nip out with me one night to have a look and a few shots through mine then your more than welcome mate...just let me know

Jase Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nightvision help and advice.   nightvision help and advice. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nightvision help and advice.
Page 1 of 1