The Hunting Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place For Field Sport Enthusiasts To Meet And Discuss All Things Hunting.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need your help !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-11-24

I need your help !!! Empty
PostSubject: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi there Folks,

Thanks for stopping to read this post thumbs up

I just want to say that I am very happy with the Forum up to date and I think we have some really nice and knowledgeable Members onboard....I hope you would all agree??

Any way...I am naturally wanting to attract as many Members here as possible, who will keep on returning regularly to the Forum and who can add to its quality with their knowledge, personality and willingness to lend a helping hand or offer advice, where needed by fellow Members.

I am considering a possible Forum name change before we all get too comfy Very Happy ...Well to be honest its more so that our name will be recognised by search engines such as Google and hopefully pop up in the top 3 options for people searching for hunting related Forums...if at all possible?...We need to bring’em in then keep’em here once they arrive.

Naturally I want to do this as cheaply as possible, without sacrificing quality and reliability.

I hope you would all agree with me when I say that this Forum has great potential as being a "working mans/woman’s Forum" where snobbery is never an obstacle and fun, friendship and good advice is readily available.

So to my point (Finaly I hear you cry lol)….should any of you have any suggestions or advice on how to bring in more Members, the design of the Forum, the name of the Forum, advertising, articles to run, reviews wanted, promotional ideas, competition ideas etc...etc...Then they will ALL be very gratefully received and given careful consideration.

Also... volunteer Moderators are needed, who can help me to run and maintain the Forum and to keep the standards high and to keep out the undesirables (that’s me out of a job then affraid lol).

But seriously… if you have a particular forte or particular area of knowledge/expertise/experience that you would like to share with the rest of the Members, then please let me know and I can arrange for you to have your own "Dedicated" section.

I would also like to be able to offer some form of reward scheme to people who run their own particular sections and who offer outstanding levels of support and advice to fellow Members, in time to come....of course this would be Membership figures permitting.

Any way...In closing, please let me thank you all for joining The Hunting Lodge and for your continued support.

Kindest regards,

Jase thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://thehuntinglodge.forumotion.co.uk
tricky
tricky

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 am

I can help with getting your forum on google.

As part of listing and tracking your sites popularity google uses meta tags which you put in between the tags in the HTML of your web page.

have a look here for instructions on how to add them.

Try to include as many relevant key words as you can and a nice description of the forum.

Here is more info on meta tags and how to use them.

After that, go to all the search engines you can think of and submit the sites url to them.

It takes a few months for the site to show up but you it will eventualy.

I submitted a site to google and now looking through my web logs shows hits from round the world being reffered from multiple search engines. (I think most of them must **** in the same pot somewhere along the line.)

Good luck and let me know how you get on. If you want any help with it, you know where to find me.

Also, it seems like you have a few moderators now which is a good thing but if the forum gets busy and you want another, give me a shout and i'll chip in if needed.

Hits don't just need to come from search engines, put the url for the forum in your signature of other forums you may be registered in and ask other users to do the same. Don't go spamming message boards with it (You wouldn't like it so neither will they.) Just include it as part of your signature.

Regards,

Paul.

Last edited by tricky on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops, forgot...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.anglingforpleasure.info
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 am

Trick your a star....Can you help me with getting on Google then please....I'll add you to Mod status straight away.

Bell me if ya need anything matey.

Jase.
Back to top Go down
tricky
tricky

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:28 am

No Problem Jase, I'll get onto it after the weekend when I've got a bit more time thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:48 am

Top man thumbs up.......Dont suppose you could work the same magic on my Pest conrol website could ya matey???...I'll get ya a drink for it Wink
Back to top Go down
tricky
tricky

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:07 am

Hello Jase, give me a ring i need details about the sites. my number is 07807 936 465
Back to top Go down
daz3676

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm

im from ireland and it seams im the only one,
if you want me to i can ask a few of my hunting freinds to join and to ask their freinds and so on. hunting is big in this country but theres very few places to get tips!!!
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:33 am

That sounds great Daz, thanks very much. The more the merrier thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your help !!!   I need your help !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need your help !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunting Lodge :: ***Important All Please Read***-
Jump to: