The Hunting Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place For Field Sport Enthusiasts To Meet And Discuss All Things Hunting.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything ya like

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Les Brooks
Les Brooks

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: Anything ya like   Anything ya like Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Its about time people started talking on here.
So come on.
How's ya season?
What ya shot?
Got any dirty pics of ya Mrs?
Do ****** make a noise when they fart?
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything ya like   Anything ya like Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:57 pm

YEP....Its deffo gone quiet ??

C'mon people who's been out mooching ? Who's got some new kit? Who's tried somthing new?

Lets get talking guys n gals ??.....

I'm after some NV gear anyone else interested in it too or got any views on it?
Back to top Go down
https://thehuntinglodge.forumotion.co.uk
champboxer

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything ya like   Anything ya like Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 am

come on now les , you know my mrs,
been a bit slack with the hunting since christmas, just 2 pigeons and about a dozen rats, but some of us have to work les
Back to top Go down
Les Brooks
Les Brooks

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything ya like   Anything ya like Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 pm

champboxer wrote:
come on now les , you know my mrs,
been a bit slack with the hunting since christmas, just 2 pigeons and about a dozen rats, but some of us have to work les
Look Gary, will you stop mentioning work, you know it makes me ill
Back to top Go down
peacey

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: NV   Anything ya like Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm in the market maybe for some NV for the rifle any ideas guys?
Back to top Go down
Jase
Admin
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: NV Scopes !!   Anything ya like Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 am

Hey up mate...here is a review I wrote on a different forum...on the Yukon Sentinel 3x60 dedicated NV scope what I have:

"I have used the 2.5x50 with a doubler fitted about a year ago for ratting and bunnies and I really liked it, so I was ging to buy one the other week from robo63.

Having had a look through the 3x60 I thought the clarity was definately better, obviously as it can gather more light than the 2.5x50 and I also think that the doubler on the 2.5x50 reduces the clarity of image quite a bit...so all in all I was very impressed with the 3x60.

Any way... I stumped up the cash for my first ever own NV....and robo63 had the scoope ready for my collection from him after 2 days!!...Nice one robo cheers matey!!

I was out with it last week in rain and was spotting bunnies with a clear side view at roughly 70+ yds by just using the built in IR and it was awsome for blasting the rats on my local chicken farm even without the IR turned on....Well impressed!

I will still be investing in a 350 Ir laser for spotting at longer ranges though to be honest, as if I can see the bunnies at 100+ yds, I can then enjoy the stalk in for the rest of the way, if the light n wind is on my side of course.

I particularly like the fact that it has a green or red reticle option, so depending on the ambient lighting in the surroundings I can select between the two to get the best contrast for that type of light...the cross hairs are nice and fine as well so they dont obscure the kill zone on the quarry.

I also found that I got the hang of the side wheel focus very quickly and within 10 minutes my hand was automaticaly falling onto the focus knob and my shots were in focus within seconds...well fast enough to spot and blast slow moving rats anyway.

To be honest I was also surprised how quickly I got used to shooting under 3x mag...I'm a bit short sighted and wear glasses for reading and watching TV but I soon got used to the 3x mag after placing out my zeroing targets at roughly 10,20,30,40 and 50 yard spacings...once I get the 350 IR I will see how much further out I can get used to shooting with it at that mag.

Any way up to now I am very impressed...it also coped well with the rain..which worried me a little to start with...after all you dont want that much monies worth of kit going pop on your first night out with it do ya?...but it got a good soaking and I would say the waterproofing is top notch !

It has also stood me at about a dozen Bunnies over the last 2 weeks..nice head-shots every single one of em even out at 60 yds+!

You also get 3 Years Warranty with it and no other piece of kit on the market comes even close to it without spending about £300+ extra!!"

Contact me through pm if you want robo63's details and he will help you out with all you need including a nice bit of discount !!

You can also come out with me or me n robo63 for a couple of hours if you want to have a try with mine and his NV.....Just let me know mate.

Happy hunting thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://thehuntinglodge.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Anything ya like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything ya like   Anything ya like Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything ya like
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunting Lodge :: General Chat-
Jump to: